Christopher V. Cox, M.D.
Dr. Christopher V. Cox is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon specializing in joint replacement surgeries, including hip replacement, partial and total knee replacements, as well as revisions of total joint surgeries. He is also a specialist in hip resurfacing procedures and has performed them since their introduction into the U.S. in 2006. He performs both minimal incision posterior approach as well as direct anterior approach hip surgeries.
Dr. Cox is the Medical Director of the Joint Replacement Center at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco, CA. He is also an Associate Clinical Professor, Orthopedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco.
He is actively involved in the education of medical students, orthopaedic residents and physician assistant students.
- Bachelor of Science, Chemistry, Lewis & Clark College, Portland, OR
- MD, UC San Francisco
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, UC San Francisco
- Fellowship, Adult Reconstructive and Implant Surgery, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, Inglewood, CA
- Minimal incision posterior and direct anterior approach total hip replacement
- Minimally invasive surgery for knee replacement
- Computer-assisted knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Diagnosis and treatment of hip and knee degenerative conditions and injuries
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Northern California Orthopaedic Society
- California Orthopedic Association
- Leroy Abbott Society
- Lawrence Dorr Society