John P. Belzer, M.D.
John Belzer, M.D. is a renowned orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in minimally invasive arthroscopic, reconstructive and replacement surgery of conditions of the shoulder, knee and elbow. Doctor Belzer was one of the first orthopaedic surgeons in Northern California to utilize the true anatomic total shoulder replacement and reversed total shoulder replacement. He has published articles in major peer-reviewed journals and textbooks, and has presented research on orthopaedic topics regionally, nationally and internationally.
Dr. Belzer is currently the Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at California Pacific Medical Center. During his more than two decades in practice in San Francisco, he has served as the Chief of Shoulder Surgery and Assistant Director of Sports Medicine at UCSF and the Chief of Shoulder Surgery at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He was the Orthopaedic Surgeon for the Golden State Warriors from 2001-2009 and serves as a consultant for the Oakland Athletic Major League Baseball Team and the San Francisco Ballet.
- BS, Massachusetts Insitute of Technology
- MD, Yale University
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF
- Fellowship, arthroscopic,reconstructive and replacement surgery of the shoulder, knee and elbow,Southern California Orthopaedic Institute
- Rotator cuff repair surgery
- Shoulder instability surgery
- Shoulder replacement surgery, both anatomic and reversed
- Cartilage/Meniscus Surgery of the knee
- Anterior and posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction
- Partial and total knee replacement surgery
- Elbow arthroscopy, reconstructive and replacement surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Northern California Chapter Western Orthopaedic Society, Past President
- UCSF Orthopaedic Alumni Association, Past President
- Wilson Bost Orthopaedic Society, Past Program Director
- Operation Rainbow, Guatemala