William L. Green, M.D.
Dr. William L. Green is a founding member of California Pacific Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, and has been practicing medicine for over 39 years. He specializes in hand, wrist, elbow, knee and shoulder problems. He has special expertise in endoscopic carpal tunnel release, Xiaflex injections for Dupuytren’s contracture, PRP (platelet-rich plasma) injections for chronic tendonitis, and hand and wrist reconstruction.
While in medical school was awarded a Zimmer Orthopedic fellowship and was selected to the Alpha Omega Alpha medical honor society (the medical equivalent of Phi Beta Kappa). During his residency at UCSF he was one of six orthopedic residents from the United States and Canada chosen to be North American Traveling Fellows by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. For six weeks he traveled throughout the United States and Canada, visiting academic centers and giving lectures. Then, after completing a fellowship in upper extremity surgery, he served as a Major in the United States Air Force for two years at Travis Air Force base.
He has given many lectures on upper extremity problems locally, nationally, and internationally. Previously he was a consulting physician to the Golden State Warriors. He has been involved with Operation Rainbow doing medical missionary work in Central and South America as both a treating surgeon and as a board member.
Dr. Green is married and lives in Marin County with his wife. They have three grown children. He has the joy of practicing with his son, an orthopedic surgeon, who is a sixth generation Green physician. He enjoys the outdoor life with fly fishing, golf, and jogging.
- Bachelor of Science, Indiana University
- MD, Indiana University
- Residency, Orthopaedic surgery, UCSF
- Fellowship, Upper extremity surgery
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel release
- Xiaflex injections for Dupuytren’s contracture
- PRP injections for chronic tendonitis
- Reconstruction for thumb arthritis
- Reconstructive surgery for hands and wrists
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Consultant, Oakland Athletics
- California Orthopedic Association
- Leroy Abbott Orthopedic Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha (medical honorary society)
- North American Traveling Fellow, sponsored by American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Western Orthopedic Society (former president of Northern California chapter)
- Zimmer Orthopedic Fellow, sponsored by Zimmer Orthopedics, Inc.
- Top Doctor, Marin Magazine
- Operation Rainbow, medical missionary service to Central and South America
- Guardsmen, professional and business men’s organization for disadvantaged children