Dr. Lindsey C. Valone is an orthopaedic hand and upper extremity surgeon with broad clinical interests: from congenital anomalies to adult arthritis and from common hand problems to complex reconstructive surgery. She is dual board-certified in orthopaedic surgery and hand and upper extremity surgery.
Dr. Valone graduated Magna Cum Laude from UCLA and attended medical school at UC Davis, where she was awarded the School of Medicine Medal for top graduate. She also received NIH funding and earned a Master’s Degree in Advanced Studies in Clinical Research. To date, she has been the first author of five publications in The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery (Am) and has presented her work at over 25 conferences nationwide.
She completed her orthopaedic surgery residency training at UCSF, where she was recognized with the Krevin’s Award for Intern of the Year, volunteered abroad treating pediatric and adult populations with orthopaedic injuries in Nepal, and dedicated time to promoting women in the field of orthopaedic surgery through the Perry Initiative.
Dr. Valone completed her Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship at the Harvard Combined Program, where she gained subspecialty training in microsurgery, trauma, congenital anomalies, and complex reconstructive procedures of the upper limb.
About Dr. Valone
- Bachelor of Science, Physiological Sciences, UCLA
- Masters of Advanced Studies in Clinical Research, UC Davis
- MD, University of California, Davis
- Residency, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, UCSF
- Fellowship, Hand and Upper Extremity, Harvard
- Fracture management of the hand, wrist and elbow
- Hand arthritis
- Pediatric hand surgery
- Compressive neuropathies (Carpal / Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Trigger fingers
- Wrist arthroscopy
- Ganglion cysts
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Congenital hand anomalies
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery (NASS)
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
Awards and Honors
- Daniel C. Riordan Award, American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Krevin’s Award
- UC Davis School of Medicine Medal
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Gold Humanism Honor Society